- Experienced Certified Family Nurse Practitioner – Dedicated to caring for English and Spanish speaking patients across the lifespan in family practice, obstetrics, and gynecology
- Clinical Educator- Educating health care providers and patients for several leading pharmaceutical companies
- Preceptor - Training Nurse Practitioner and medical students
- Registered Nurse – Provided acute care of high-risk patients at major teaching hospitals in Austin, Boston, Dallas, Portland and San Francisco and community hospitals in Mesquite and Rowlett, Texas
- Spanish speaking
- Strong skills in patient assessment, diagnosis, intervention and positive outcomes across the lifespan
- Proficiency with electronic medical records, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, and MS Word
- Training: Certified breastfeeding educator. Nexplanon® certified. Medicare/Medicaid compliance, Medical coding and billing, CPR, ACLS, HIPAA, OSHA, JCAHO accreditation
Texas Woman’s University, Dallas, TX
-Master of Science in Nursing, 2005
The University of Texas, Austin, TX
-Bachelor of Science in Nursing, 1998
Women’s Specialists of Plano and Berdion MedSpa- Plano, TX (6/2012-5/2013)
Park Central Obstetrics & Gynecology Associates &
The Center for Medical Weight Loss - Dallas, TX (10/2009-6/2012)
-Performed wellness screenings and educated obstetric and gynecological patients on health maintenance and prevention.
-Performed procedures including pap smears, microscopy, endometrial biopsies, phlebotomy, and colposcopy.
-Provided fertility and contraception counseling and treatment including placing intrauterine devices and the Implanon®/Nexplanon®.
- Assessed, diagnosed, and treated obesity utilizing a non-surgical, medically supervised weight loss program.
Family Nurse Practitioner
AUHB Primary Care Wellness Clinic- Dallas, TX (5/2013-present)
-Provided cost containing primary healthcare to employees and their families with a focus on wellness
-Organized opening of the first clinic including obtaining contracts with specialists, labs, and imaging facilities
Mesquite Medical and Surgical Clinic – Mesquite, TX (1/2006-5/2013)
-Provided care to patients with acute and chronic illness across the lifespan
-Performed wellness screening exams
-Coordinated patient care collaborating with health care providers in all specialties
-Managed clinical support staff
-Precepted nurse practitioner and medical students
Priority Health Center – Dallas, TX (2007)
-Provided cost effective, primary care to medically underserved patients in an urban, predominantly Spanish speaking, high volume clinic
Dr. R. Greg Maul Family Practice – Rowlett, TX (2006)
-Provided primary care to patients across the lifespan in a suburban private practice
Eli Lilly, Inc. - North Texas (2010-present)
-Educated medical doctors and midlevel healthcare providers about Forteo® and its use to treat patients with osteoporosis.
-Educated English and Spanish speaking patients and their caretakers about osteoporosis, Forteo®, and how to administer their daily injection.
-Abbott Laboratories, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, and Daiichi Sankyo (2007-2008)
-Educated health care providers in family and specialty practice about how to utilize pharmaceutical agents to manage disease states including hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, renal insufficiency, and vascular disease.
Registered Nurse/Traveling nurse (1999-2005)
Mesquite Community Hospital – Mesquite, TX
Lakepointe Hospital- Rowlett, TX
St. Paul Hospital-Dallas, TX
Oregon Health and Sciences University Medical Center-Portland, OR
University of California Medical Center and Kaiser Permanente Hospital-San Francisco, CA
St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center-Brighton, MA
Seton Medical Center and Brackenridge Hospital-Austin, TX
-Labor and Delivery, high risk ante-partum, post-partum, and newborn nursery
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
-Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas
-Registered Nurse, Advanced Practice RN
Outstanding Nurse Practitioner Student Scholarship Recipient 2005
Awarded by the North Texas Nurse Practitioners
Texas Department of Health Intensive STD Clinician Training Course
Advanced Education Nursing Traineeship Recipient 2005-2006
Awarded by the Department of Health and Human Services
Texas Woman’s University Outstanding Graduate Student Nominee 2006
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
North Texas Nurse Practitioners
Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society
Authored a professional paper entitled “Evidenced Based Development of a Hyperemesis Gravidarum Educational Scenario Using Human Patient Simulation for Undergraduate Nursing Students” - published by Medical Education Technologies, Inc.